Laurel Maki (Hoganson)
REALTOR®, Associate Broker
Education & Training
• Numerous licensing courses
• Associate Broker (1989)
• Sales License (1982)
• GRI® (1985)
• At Home With Diversity -One America designation
• FOUNDER & PRESIDENT of 31 Backpacks Inc. - A non-profit organization that provides food for over 190 Copper Country students every school weekend and school holiday.
• Member of the Berkley Rotary Club since 1989
• Served on numerous real estate related committees
• Served on Board of REALTORS® 1986-1987
• Originally from Laurium - #6 of 10 children in the Hoganson family
Real Estate Experience and Awards
• 2015 Excellence in Education Leadership Award - Copper Country Association of School Boards
• 2014 Non-Profit Award - National Association of REALTORS - New Orleans Convention
• 2013 Volunteering Program Award - U.P. Volunteer Network
• 2012, 2013 Citizen of the Year - Copper Country Elks
• 2012, 2013 CENTURY 21 Pinnacle Quality Service Award
• 2009, 2011 CENTURY 21 Quality Service Producer Award
• 2009, 2011, 2012 Multi-Million Dollar Producer
• Consistently sold millions of dollars of real estate each year
• Previous Broker/Owner of two real estate companies in Michigan before moving back to the area
• Previous trainer and assistant manager for a real estate office (3 years)
• 93% of my business has been a result of repeat customers and referrals
• 36+ years experience in selling real estate in Michigan
• Home improvement projects
• Spending as must time as possible with family
• NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
• MICHIGAN ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
• UPPER PENINSULA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
• Keweenaw Multiple Listing Service
Pay for her vacation. Have her come visit me in Corpus Christi!
Laurel Maki makes the notoriously stressful situation of buying and selling a home into a fun and easy process.
She was very good with us.
Laurel took a personal interest in our needs and our desires and listened to what we wanted. We would highly recommend her to anyone who desires good service with a friendly touch!
I have worked with Laurel in previous dealings at Red Ridge Plaza. Her professionalism and her knowledge of the area was super important to me in finding a house. She walked me through every step and was always supportive of my crazy questions. She is great and I have already recommended her to two other families. She always responded to my texts or phone calls within 30 minutes. She was always available to do a walk through in the house or to provide good counsel.
Laurel treated us like her beloved family, she is very knowledgeable and efficient. We recommend her highly.
Having been in the Property Management for many years, we have bought and sold over 40 properties. Laurel Maki recently sold our personal home. We were pleasantly surprised. She is the best realtor we have ever worked with. Her attention to duty was exceptional and she had ideas that we had not even considered. She always represented our best interests in her suggestions to us. She was fully diligent until our property was closed and everything finalized. She went way beyond the normal realtor’s duties to make the sale possible. We highly recommend her. George A. Hoganson
and DeLora Darlene Hoganson
Laurel was wonderful! It was the first time buying a home for my fiancé and I so we were a bit like deer in headlights, yet Laurel was amazing enough to be patient with us, answer our MILLION questions, work with our difficult schedules, spend hours with us driving around the Keweenaw looking at houses, and was genuinely interested in helping us find the best home for US and our lifestyle. We feel very lucky to have found Laurel.
When we called CENTURY 21 and asked to speak to the one who will sell our house, we were blessed it was you! Your kindness touched our hearts!
We want you to know how much we appreciated all of your help with the house search. You were incredibly patient and understanding and made the process as easy and enjoyable. It’s a bit of a shame that the REALTOR®/homeowner relationship is so fleeting. You get to know someone and once the transactions are finished you move on. Well, we definitely hope to see more of you in the future.
Thanks again for all your help in buying the property! We really like it and look forward to years of enjoyment. Your tour of the Houghton-Hancock Metropolitan Area was also invaluable, as I would still be lost on some backstreet if it weren't for you!
Laurel, thank you for the professional handling of our transaction. At this point, you are probably rolling your eyes at all this sentiment and enthusiasm on my part but you accomplished precisely what REALTORS® are supposed to accomplish. Ending a transaction with satisfied and enthusiastic customers. I will be in touch when I am in the area.
Thank you, Laurel, for your help selling our house in Houghton. We were impressed with your expertise and optimistic attitude. Even though we live out of the area, you were always available to answer our questions and never failed to respond to an email or phone call. We highly recommend you to anyone buying or selling a house.
Just a quick note to express my appreciation for all your hard work toward the sale of the condo. It's been a difficult and trying time for both mom and dad. Dad and I appreciate your tireless efforts and patience. I feel the Lord led mom and dad to you. He knew exactly what was going to happen. Thank you again and God bless you. L.R.
Thank you so much for everything. You sure made it a lot easier than we had ever imagined. Especially since we were "first timers" and knew almost nothing about houses. We really appreciated your sincerity and honesty. If anyone ever asks you'll be at the top of our list.